Fundraising & Campaign Lead
Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness
Closing On: 2021-12-08
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness
The Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness (CAEH) leads a national movement of individuals, organizations and communities working together to end homelessness in Canada. The CAEH works toward a Canada without homelessness. We do it by helping communities and governments across the country apply proven approaches to transform programs, policies and systems toward the goal of ending homelessness.
As a relatively new charity, CAEH is building its philanthropic capacity to support its mission to end homelessness in Canada. We are looking for a senior, experienced fundraising professional who knows how to build strong and lasting foundations to join our small but mighty team. We are looking to hire a fundraising and campaign lead to secure financial support for our organization and execute our $10.5M Demand More Campaign.
The Fundraising & Campaign Lead will deliver the existing campaign strategy, recruit leaders towards active engagement in the campaign, build lasting relationships with donors, and keep them informed on how their philanthropy makes a significant difference in the landscape of ending homelessness in Canada. This position will also put in place the necessary policies, procedures, systems and supports to ensure that the Alliance has a strong foundation for future fundraising and sponsorship activities. We have developed a campaign strategy, completed a feasibility study and begun work on design of policies along with draft Campaign Cabinet job descriptions and agreements for campaign volunteers. We have also put in place a Nation Builder fundraising database.
The successful applicant should have proven experience as a fundraising and organizational development specialist, with several years of senior leadership experience in a charitable organization or similar environment. You must be motivated, be able to solve complex problems and have a passion for philanthropy, the mission of CAEH and a proven track record in securing major donations and building fundraising capacity from zero. This position requires a well-rounded leader who is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and work alone and has the experience and knowledge to build a best in class fundraising shop.
This experienced leader will lead, improve, implement, and deliver the comprehensive strategy of the Demand More Campaign. They will be responsible in leading the recruitment and training of the Campaign Cabinet that will secure the major gift donations to achieve the $10.5 Million campaign goal. The successful candidate will also be expected to secure sponsorships for the Alliance’s National Conference on Ending Homelessness and other events as well as lead online grassroots fundraising efforts. This position will report directly to the President and CEO.
The Campaign Lead will be a forward thinking, innovative and creative individual who will use their expertise in the execution and guidance of this plan to establish solicitation priorities, manage and develop prospect lists, develop, and execute targeted cultivation plans and implement solicitations strategies for the range of projects contained within the Case for Support. This individual will be accountable for the executive management and support provided to the Campaign Cabinet. There will be administrative support provided when needed.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years professional managing projects and leading teams
- Proven track record of success in fundraising
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal with proven examples
- Must have successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to secure philanthropic contributions
- Analytical thinking and ability to analyze data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Nation Builder.
- Ability to work independently through the use of technology with platforms such as Zoom andTeams.
- Ability to work from home
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the President and CEO and leading the Campaign Chair and Cabinet this key and dynamic leadership position will be responsible for:
- Delivery and oversight of the fully designed and comprehensive $10M Demand More Campaign plan
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that all fund development practice is executed in keeping with the organization’s values, vision, and mission
- Provide reports to the President and CEO with current progress for agreed key performance indicators and evaluates progress on a regular basis
- Leads in the creation of the volunteer committee for the Campaign Cabinet by identifying and recruiting members; establishing processes and customized plans as well as providing ongoing support and training to campaign cabinet members and the management of all meetings and subsequent reports
- Lead and participate in all aspects of the Gift Cycle as appropriate, either independently or with Campaign Cabinet Volunteers
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move Potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion towards solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Implement and deliver a major gift cultivation and solicitation strategy including tracking and qualifying of all prospects along with generating new names to the prospect list
- Generates grants to targeted Foundations and customizes proposals to individual major giftprospects
- Designs and completes Draft Gift Agreements between donors and the CAEH
- Proficiency with Nation Builder software is essential.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship strategy for the Alliance’s National Conference on Ending Homelessness and other events
- Develop and lead online grassroots fundraising strategy.
- Collaborates with internal team leaders to provide collateral, specifically materials for solicitation including print, web and social media platforms as needed
Diversity & Inclusion
CAEH strives for inclusion and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. Candidates with lived experience of homelessness and/or who self-identify as being from a marginalized community, including Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQQIA persons, are encouraged to apply and will be prioritized. We ask that these candidates indicate their relevant identities in their cover letters.
Software Applications Used
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Teams
- Internet browsers
- Nation Builder
Work Environment, Salary and Travel
- This position can be located anywhere in Canada with preference for a location that is easily accessible to an international airport.
- This position requires the ability to work from a virtual/home office location.
- The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000 annually based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
- Some travel for business will be required
Information to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume to Tim Richter, President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline to apply is December 8, 2021 (midnight PST)
We thank all applicants for their interest in CAEH; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.