Title: Grant and Sponsorship Manager
Are you ready to make a difference?
The Calgary Police Foundation dba Calgary Police Youth Foundation is a charitable organisation that helps keep our city’s most vulnerable children safe from crime and victimisation. The Programs and Community Initiatives funded by the Calgary Police Youth Foundation focus exclusively on early intervention, crime prevention, risk reduction and education. In any given year, the Calgary Police Youth Foundation supports over 30,000 children. We endeavor to enrich and improve every young life we touch. To achieve this goal, we are hiring a full time Fundraising Professional who will manage the Grants and Sponsorship (grassroots) portfolio. This person will join our team and through their work, will inspire all Calgarians to get involved and support the Calgary Police Youth Foundation.
Role and Responsibilities
Prepare high-quality grant proposals in a timely manner, including:
- Research on the CPYF funded Programs that meet the criteria for potential funding sources
- Discussions with Program leads to ensure a thorough understanding of the Programs
- Developing budgets, project plan and timelines and other required documents required by grantors
- Making presentations and securing letters of support as needed
- Maintain a system to track grant applications, including deadlines, application requirements, budgets, and reporting requirements:
- Manage multiple grant applications simultaneously and ensure that all are submitted on time
- Identify grants and funding opportunities or partnerships available
- Regular review of Grants Connect and other grant platforms to remain current on grant opportunities
- Submit reports to granting organizations in accordance with grant agreement
- Provide report back to grantor in accordance with grant agreement having first ensured all requests for information are achievable
- Provide recognition for granting organizations as required
- Agree with grantor recognition that is meaningful to grantor and in accordance with grantor brand guidelines
Specifically for sponsorship duties include:
- Develop and implement a sponsorship plan for all CPYF led fundraising activities and that include sponsor opportunities for grass roots sponsors to participate
- Target objectives include increasing sponsorship sales across all fundraising activities
- Develop and implement a sponsorship budget to achieve the sponsorship plan.
- Develop, maintain, and implement sponsorship guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction, and support
- Manages all sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support
- Ensure sponsorship deliverables are fully met
- Oversee the stewardship of grants and sponsorships or similar funders through stewardship plans, and collaboration with other areas of the organization to document, monitor, and generate deliverables, including recognition activities and reporting
- Attend grant stewardship-related meetings and events, documenting and monitoring results and deliverables of each meeting/event
- Lead the preparation, writing, and submission of impact and recognition reports to funders.
- This work includes but is not limited to establishing means to gather data from various sources, using reporting tools, synthesizing content, and managing documents and submissions
- Any other duty as required
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate has very strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative
- Must be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment with solid time-management and organization skills
- Candidates must be able to draft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner and have a have a high level of computer literacy.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants is essential, while post-secondary education and grant writing experience is an asset to the position.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience stewarding grants in the non-profit sector
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and reporting on grant applications
- Demonstrate measurable results and personal performance in grant writing initiatives
- Experience prospecting, securing, and managing sponsorships
- Excellent communication, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with multiple community supporters
- Understand funding mechanisms that assist charitable organizations
- Computer applications expertise, e.g., MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Pro, etc.
- Experience working with budgets and managing project work plans
- Able to prepare comprehensive reports to satisfy the needs of various agencies
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Detail oriented and skilled at multitasking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- Able to multi-task on concurrent critical deadline
- Self-starter, able to problem solve, maintain a positive attitude under pressure, and to work cooperatively with fellow team members, Calgary Police Service, volunteers, and donors
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to work well with people and sensitive to the needs of children and families
- Absolute care to customer service
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Some travel will be required to attend meetings and/or events
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for some business is required. Some heavy lifting, up to 25 lbs is required with this position
Position and Compensation
This is a full-time position for an initial period of 12 months and may be subject to extension. A competitive compensation package awaits the right candidate. Employment is conditional on a satisfactory security clearance.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Susan Cron at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those being considered for the role will be contacted for an interview.
Applications close: 18 November 2022