United Way of Calgary and Area
July 9 2021
Corporate Partnership & Investment Specialist
United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for a full-time Corporate Partnership & Investment Specialist to design and implement investment plans for select corporate donors, promoting strategic relationship building and strong partnerships. As part of the Philanthropic Partnerships team, this role identifies and packages compelling investment opportunities that inspire donors to support United Way initiatives, innovations and emerging community impact work.
The Core Competency characteristics every member of United Way is expected to possess are Adaptable & Resilient, Relationship-Oriented, Collaborative, Results-Driven, Values-Driven, and Strategic Thinking.
- Design and implement (or support the implementation of) customized investment plans for corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop compelling investment proposals, report backs, grant applications, recognition plans and other sales and promotional materials
- Provide expertise and strategic support across Resource Development in the areas of partnership building, philanthropic investment planning and stewardship
- Work in an integrated team environment to anticipate donor relationship needs and efficiently prioritize team strategies and tactics
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Broad knowledge of the principals of fundraising – from prospecting, to cultivation and solicitation, to securing funding and initiating effective stewardship practices
- Keen interest and ability to discern and identify the interests and needs for key philanthropic partners, in particular, corporations and foundations
- Keen understanding and ability to frame impact strategies as tangible investments for key philanthropic partners (donors, foundations and/or corporations)
- Must have a passion and strong aptitude for writing
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse client accounts
- Experience compiling and writing effective and informative report backs to funders, donors, and investment partners based on goals, strategies, and expected outcomes
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented and committed to high quality work
- Ability to prioritize and be adaptable within a fast-paced environment
- Thrives working both independently but also as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and ESG would be considered an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and fundraising databases
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 80 years. As a social impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a compensation and benefits package, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the diversity community we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and with a wide range of abilities.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) to: h r @ c al g a r yu n i t ed w a y . o r g
Subject Line: Philanthropic Partnership and Investment Specialist
Posting closes: July12, 2021 at 4pm
UNITED WAY OFFERS A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted