Operations Manager, Resource Development
Permanent, Full time
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy & Operations, the Operations Manager, Resource Development will lead the Operations team to enhance campaign performance by analyzing key performance indicators and improving organizational campaign processes, working to improve quality, productivity, efficiency, and communication. The primary goal of the Operations Manager, Resource Development is to ensure smooth operations to enable fundraising staff to focus efforts on external customers.
What you will do
- Provide campaign operations leadership for Resource Development
- Identify gaps to enhance or refine processes
- Communicate and coordinate processes to ensure smooth operations
- Facilitate cross-departmental Campaign Operations meetings
- Facilitate training and continuous learning sessions for Resource Development staff and other stakeholders
- Provide effective leadership as the Manager of two Operations Advisors
- Provide career development opportunities and coaching for the Operations Advisors
- Liaise with and represent Resource Development to other internal departments
- Lead Resource Development’s campaign tracking and revenue generation monitoring
- Monitor and analyze revenue generation and key performance indicators
- Monitor for errors or adjustments required to the data, including but not limited to verbals, goals, or transactions
- Prepare and host Mid Campaign and the Campaign Analysis Planning Session (CAPS)
- Lead the goal setting and projections process for the Resource Development team, including a cash accounting based annual unrestricted projection
- Lead in the development of tools as required for each Resource Development team to monitor their performance or revenue generation efforts
- Track and monitor revenue and projections for Signature Initiatives and Special Projects to navigate fundraising priorities
- Prepare presentations for the Board and Executive team on campaign performance
- Support the Chief Development Officer with a report back to the Board and Executive team on key performance indicators for the Revenue Generation Strategy
- Assist external stakeholders when required
What you will bring
- Robust financial acumen, experience with projections and revenue tracking
- Highly developed communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Solid planning, organizational, and coordination skills
- Demonstrated leadership, training, and facilitation skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong experience utilizing a large database
- Excellent attention to detail, and proven track record of accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 75 years. As a social impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the diversity community we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and with a wide range of abilities.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 4pm – Jan 18, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Operations Manager – Your Name.
To learn more about United Way of Calgary and Area, please visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.