JOB DESCRIPTION *
This position will report directly to the Director, Fund Development and Alumni Engagement, and will be responsible for strategically managing and growing Bow Valley College’s Major Gift and Planned Giving Programs. With a focus on donor acquisition and retention at a major gift giving level, this position will manage and steward a philanthropic portfolio of major gift prospects and donors to encourage and seek philanthropic support for Bow Valley College’s key fundraising priorities including entrepreneurship, nursing, creative technologies, mental health and financial literacy.
Fundraising (50%) –
- Identifies and incorporate new and leading-edge fundraising vehicles and methodologies throughout the development cycle.
- Manages and implements a major and legacy gift program to support Bow Valley College’s priority project areas.
- Responsible for increasing major gift dollars through the development of project cases for support and funding assessment scorecards for prioritization and review.
- Manages a personal portfolio of major gift prospects and donors to encourage and seek philanthropic support for Bow Valley College.
- Collaborates with internal teams to formulate, recommend and implement cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship strategies to secure gifts from the prospects portfolio for larger institutional priorities.
- Develops and manages Bow Valley College’s Legacy Giving program.
- Develops an in depth understanding of Bow Valley College’s key fundraising priorities. Participates in the development and implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of Bow Valley College by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in the field of alumni relations and fundraising.
- Generates significant revenue annually in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops customized strategies and plans to identify, cultivate, engage, solicit and steward donors and prospects within the portfolio.
- Attends face to face visits with major donors and prospects alone and/or in combination with other strategic partners such as senior staff or management.
- Implements strategy for projects to generate gifts for priority initiatives with input and assistance from other team members; prepare other correspondences as required.
- Through personal visits, identifies and qualifies individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interests in providing special and major gift support to the Faculty. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Presents solicitation proposals to potential donors.
Donor Relations (25%) –
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits planned gift prospects and stewards known planned gift donors.
- Collaborates with the Stewardship Specialist to manage and activate a donor recognition program for major gift donors.
- Participates in and assist with donor recognition, stewardship activities, special events, alumni and appropriate campus activities.
- Represents Bow Valley College within the external community and facilitate relationships.
- Utilizes superior writing and editing skills to develop brochures, correspondence, funding proposals and related communications.
Event, Project and Volunteer management (15%) –
- Collaborates with internal partners to oversee portfolio initiatives such donor cheque presentations, lunches and reporting.
- Collaborates with the Stewardship Specialist and Senior Development Officer, Annual Giving to support the Celebrating Student Futures stewardship initiatives.
- Assists with other departmental, alumni and Bow Valley College related activities, events and fundraising initiatives including Celebrating Student Futures (Awards Ceremony), Premier’s Scholarship Luncheon, Tours, and other institutional wide initiatives.
Database and Administration (10%) –
- Develops and manages the major gift portfolio business plan, including development of targets, stewardship and retention strategies.
- Collaborates with the Stewardship Specialist to advance Bow Valley College’s Legacy Giving Program through external partners and initiatives.
- Conducts prospecting activities to identify and qualify prospects to further build the giving pipeline for Bow Valley College.
- Participates in Prospect Management System; file timely and appropriate contact reports, recording of proposals, etc.
- Undertakes in-depth analysis of complex problems/issues, articulate alternatives and recommend solutions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred: Non-profit management, Business or Communications; Public Relations,
- 3 to 5 of experience in fundraising and development
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered
- Database Management (Raiser’s Edge)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- MS Office
- Connections within the Calgary community and philanthropic environment
- Demonstrated success in fundraising a significant asset
- Willingness to work towards CFRE designation
This is a continuous (Exempt) position. Please also note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
To apply for this position please visit:
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.