United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for a Transformational Gifts Officer to join our dynamic Resource Development
team. This role will report to the Manager, Transformational Giving and will proactively implement exceptional relationship
management, cultivation, and solicitation strategies, to secure support and build sustainable relationships and collaborate
across the organization to strengthen the Transformational Giving program. This role will move forward with key priorities
and strategies to support United Way’s Transformational Giving program. The Transformational Gifts Officer will
be responsible for maximizing transformational ($1M+) philanthropic gifts in support of United Way’s Community Impact
Strategy and Revenue Strategy.
If you are passionate about your community, aspire to make an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to
make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
What you will do
• Model and provide best-in-class relationship management for Transformational Giving level prospects ensuring highly
personalized, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships and monitoring progress on an assigned portfolio of donors.
• Develop, support, activate, and advise on strategies in collaboration with relationship managers and executives to
cultivate and secure Transformational level investments for United Way of Calgary and the Area.
• Expand creative and strategic approaches to inspire new prospective Transformational Gift donors
• Employ donor-centered strategies and tactics that engage donors and compel Transformational level investments,
collaborating regularly with Community Impact & Partnerships, Marketing & Communications, and project teams
(proposals, compelling visuals, updates, announcements, engagement opportunities)
• Support training and resource sharing with staff to build a culture of Transformational Giving across the Resource
Development department and the organization
• Assist in long-range planning and strategy development for the Transformational Gifts program
What you will bring
• 5 years’ experience in fundraising, including large campaigns and major gifts
• University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking skills
• Knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to build strategies for all aspects of the gift cycle
• Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets, and estates
• Exceptional relationship management and relationship building skills
• Highly effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with exceptional speaking and presentation skills
• Proven ability to work and collaborate with all levels of an organization including the Executive team
• Excellent listening skills: ability to connect with external constituents from all walks of life.
• Outstanding project management and collaborations skills, ability to work cross-functionally
• Track record of achieving expected results
• Adaptable and able to flourish with change
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 80 years. As a social
impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create
lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a comprehensive compensation
and benefits package, a hybrid work environment, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the
diverse community we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and encourage candidates with
diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles, and abilities to apply. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring
process, please let us know.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
At United Way, we are committed to protecting our team, our clients, and the community we serve by providing a safe and
healthy workplace. Accordingly, successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a
condition of employment by their start date or provide written proof of an approved exemption in accordance with Alberta
Human Rights legislation.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 4 pm May 27, 2022 to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Transformational Gifts Officer – Your Name.
To learn more about the United Way of Calgary and the Area, please visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.