One permanent and one Fixed-term, 7 month contract role
Philanthropy Officer – United Way of Calgary and Area
United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for two Philanthropy Officers to join our Resource Development team. Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Officers are responsible for building effective partnerships with Major Donors, volunteers, and the business community to achieve fundraising goals. If you are an experienced fundraiser, a strong relationship builder and love contributing to your community, we’re looking for you to join the team!
What you will do:
- Manage relationships with Major Donors
- Support, steward and create relationships with volunteers, staff and the Major Donor Cabinet
- Track all communication with Corporate Account Managers to ensure excellent donor service
- Work in a collaborative manner with the Philanthropy team and Corporate Account Managers in the creation and implementation of strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and retention
- Achieve annual fundraising goals
- Monitor progress towards achieving campaign goals
- Build donors’ understanding of United Way’s vision and mission and the impact of their support
- Manage and monitor progress and results for all assigned donors
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with donors
- Assist in the long-range planning for the Individual Giving group
- Develop appropriate strategies for growth, retention and prospecting of all assigned donors
- Project Management skills
What you will bring:
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising, and in cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of five and six-figure gifts
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: (1) to initiate contacts with potential donors; (2) to develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers and Senior Leadership team; (3) to move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure; (4) to make solicitations when appropriate; (5) to maintain stewardship contacts with donors
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of Major Donors
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse client accounts
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving, research and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Well developed capability in Word, Excel, Andar, SharePoint and online research
- Post secondary education will be considered an asset
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 80 years. As a social impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the diverse community we serve. We welcome application from all qualified candidates, and encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles and abilities to apply. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
At United Way, we are committed to protecting our team, our clients, and the community we serve by providing a safe and healthy workplace. Accordingly, successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment by their start date or provide written proof of an approved exemption in accordance with Alberta Human Rights legislation.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 4pm on June 17, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your cover letter whether you’re interested in the permanent or fixed-term role or if you’re open to both positions.
Subject Line: Philanthropy Officer – Your Name.
To learn more about United Way of Calgary and Area, please visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.