Advisor, Resource Development
Permanent full time and a 1-year contract opportunity
Are you looking for an amazing opportunity to contribute to the city we love? The Advisor, Resource Development has a unique opportunity to support organizations, donors, and volunteers in creating lasting social change. As a member of the Resource Development team, you will support and lead internal and external initiatives that focus on generating revenue and deepening community impact. The Core Competency characteristics every member of United Way is expected to possess are Adaptable & Resilient, Relationship-Oriented, Collaborative, Results-Driven, Values-Driven, and Strategic Thinking.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Initiate and foster meaningful relationships with donors, volunteers, and workplace contacts
- Support a range of workplace events and community engagement offerings, including some evenings and weekends
- Ensure the successful delivery of key customer stakeholder needs
- Support donors in a professional and timely way with all inquiries
- Participate in the development and delivery of stewardship initiatives and recognition strategies
- Conduct training sessions with clarity to key stakeholders
- Provide administrative support including meeting preparation and data management
- Support with operational processes and systems, including process documentation
- Assist in forecasting, revenue projections, and tracking key account metrics
- Continuously seek process improvements and operational efficiencies
- Act as an ambassador for United Way internally and externally
- Additional responsibilities as required
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced, customer-centric role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and TEAMS
- Proficiency with Power BI considered an asset
- Experience operating a large database considered an asset
- Excellent multitasking, project management, and organizational skills
- Highly developed communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional time management skills
- Willingness to take on challenges and tasks with a high level of initiative
- Customer-centric with the ability to understand and accurately respond to client needs
Send cover letter and resume (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on April 16, 2021 Subject line: Advisor, Resource Development
Permanent full time and a 1-year contract opportunity available
UNI T E D W A Y O F F E R S A CO M P E T I T I V E S A L A R Y A ND B E N E F I T S P A CK A G E .
W E A RE A N E Q UA L O P P O R T U N I T Y E MP L O Y E R .
V i s i t o u r we b s i t e a t www .c a l g a r y u n i t e d w a y .o r g
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.