Reporting To: Director of Philanthropy
Position Type: Full- Time Continuous
Salary Range: CA$71,000 To $78,000 Annually
At the heart of everything we do is the child. For 40 years Calgary Academy has been providing an unparalleled environment that embraces students’ unique learning profiles, providing individual pathways to student success! We design engaging, student-centered experiences that nurture a love of learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is supported by our four pillars, beliefs, and the CA Way which empower diverse learners to pursue lives of passion and purpose.
Headwater Learning Foundation (HLF) is the primary fundraising arm and is the organization that safeguards the assets of Calgary Academy. Housing all business services, HLF provides the resources necessary to unleash possibilities in learning and innovation as well as fundraising initiatives.
About the Role
This role is accountable for planning and executing the Annual Fund Campaign, including leadership giving, mail appeals, giving days, cultivation and recognition events, solicitation of sponsorships and donations for fundraising events, and the family giving program. Responsibilities include prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship of annual fund donors.
The position is responsible for supervision of Advancement & Alumni Relations Coordinator, and Philanthropy Coordinator.
The Annual & Major Gifts Officer will report to the Director of Philanthropy
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
• Work with the Philanthropy Team and Stakeholder Relations to develop and implement strategies to build a culture of philanthropy and raise funds for HLG.
• Collaborate with the Director of Philanthropy and Philanthropy Coordinator on the creation and implementation of an Annual Fund Campaign Plan.
• Identify and manage a portfolio of major gifts ($1,000-$9,999) and work collaboratively with other staff members to support donor engagement and stewardship.
• Assist in the annual implementation of a Family Giving Program (Board of Directors, staff, and faculty).
• Increase the number of annual and monthly gifts. Annual and Major Gifts Officer Full-Time Continuous Support Staff Job Post
• Develop and implement cultivation, fundraising, recognition, and anniversary events, including overseeing guest lists, invitation design, logistics and promotions.
• Secure sponsorships, donations and auction items for golf tournaments, galas and other events.
• Collaborate with Marketing/Communications to promote fundraising initiatives.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector in fundraising, preferably with leadership and annual giving background.
• Relevant Post-Secondary Education.
• Extensive experience with prospect research and creating comprehensive research profiles.
• Demonstrated experience planning and successfully executing events and fundraising campaigns.
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy and people skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all roles within our organization.
• Capacity to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable working with competing deadlines and multiple projects in parallel.
• Meticulously organized and task driven.
• Ability to perform effectively both independently and within an integrated advancement/philanthropy team.
• Proven ability to foster strong team integration throughout the organization.
• Ability to effectively communicate efforts and inspire brand support internally, as well as externally.
• Access to personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 tools and Raiser’s Edge NXT is considered an asset.
Our culture is defined by REACH and that is visible in everything we do, including continuous efforts to be the employer of choice and to provide the best workplace for all employees. We offer a collaborative work environment and professional learning opportunities, all driven by our strategic plan. We also offer competitive salary, flexible benefits package, wellness allowance, matching RRSP program. This position is not tied to the school calendar, and offers four weeks of vacation to start, as well as additional two and a half weeks paid winter break. All positions require a positive outcome of a current Criminal Record Check, inclusive of Vulnerable Sectors check.
To apply through ADP Workforce Now, click HERE. Please apply by April 14, 2023 to be considered for the role, we will continue to accept applications until the role is filled however it is not guaranteed your resume will be reviewed after the apply by date closes.
Our Application Process
In your application package please include the following information:
• Resume that demonstrates your skills and experience
• Cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience align with Calgary Academy and the Headwater Learning Foundation’s philosophy and missions. After
exploring the Headwater Learning and Calgary Academy websites, share what makes you feel particularly connected to the work we do and how you can help us achieve our goals!
Please apply on the Calgary Academy’s Careers Page.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for the role. We will continue to accept applications until the role is filled however it
is not guaranteed your resume will be reviewed after the apply by date closes. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest in Calgary Academy and the Headwater
Learning Foundation but only those selected for an interview will be contacted