Youth Central is a dynamic, creative and energetic non-profit organization. Youth Central engages youth ages 12-18 through group-based volunteering to develop vital life skills that support their future success. Youth want to make a difference, we amplify their impact. More information can be found at www.youthcentral.com.
Youth Central is seeking an experienced and results-oriented fund development professional. This exciting new position will work with the Executive Director and Philanthropy Support positions, to support Youth Central’s sustainability and growth. This position will be responsible for the overall fund development strategy of the organization. Demand for Youth Central services has been growing steadily. We need the injection of knowledge and revenue support to take the leap to the next level.
This position will diversify and increase funding support for the agency and programs, specifically in the areas of major giving and annual giving.
It is a one-year contract position, with opportunity to extend. We are open to discussion about hours worked per week.
Major Functions and Accountabilities:
● Build and maintain strong relationships between Youth Central and donors, with the Executive Director, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government-granting bodies
● Develop, lead, and implement funding strategies (short and long-term) that diversify and increase funding support for Youth Central, specifically seeking substantial leadership gift donations
● Create a culture of giving through donor acquisition and strengthen existing revenue streams, campaigns and relationship-building
● Maintain all current corporate relationships, and identify and secure an enhanced portfolio of additional corporate partners, with the Fund Development team to raise support through corporate sponsorship, independent donor-acquisition events, promotions, workplace giving, and unique and custom sponsorships
● Monitor and evaluate all revenue generating activities to ensure that the goals are being achieved
● Develop, execute, and evaluate events and campaigns, with a revenue-generating and public relations focus
● Create and implement a multi-year Development plan that increases revenues and awareness to support the strategic direction and mandate of Youth Central
● Research and develop grant proposals and author reports as needed with team support
● Develop and execute a legacy giving program
● Ensure database integrity is maintained and provide reports as requested
● Work closely with the program team to understand the needs of individual programs and evaluation results, while keeping an eye on the big picture of the goals of Youth Central
● Lead and organize special fund development events, assist with organizational events, attend external committees, and assist with planning if needed
● Be on the look-out for opportunities for partnership and the overall growth for Youth Central
● Flexible and willing to assist with special projects and programs as they arise and other duties as needed
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
● Post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
● Minimum 5-7 years of proven donor acquisition and revenue generating experience
● Experience planning and executing effective fund development programs and campaigns, with a proven track record of identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting, securing and renewing leadership level donors and corporate sponsors
● Comfortable setting and achieving ambitious revenue targets for a growing charitable organization, rooted in effective revenue generating strategies, as well as fund development best practices and current industry trends
● Strong knowledge of local and provincial donors and prospects; existing familiarity with these donors and prospects preferred
● Strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to motivate and persuade with tact and diplomacy
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels and different stakeholder groups
● Resourceful and effective in networking with stakeholders and the philanthropic community
● Strong time management and prioritisation skills, with close attention to detail
● Self-starter within a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some work on evenings and weekends
● Enthusiastic and positive attitude
● Experience working with youth empowerment organizations would be an asset
● Current CFRE designation and active CAGP and/or AFP memberships are strong assets
Deadline for submission: Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, and flexible work arrangements. Our workspace is supportive and inclusive. We empower our employees by respecting, embracing and valuing their unique perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
The successful candidate must clear a Police Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check, and a Child Intervention Record Check.
If you are looking for a rewarding position in a collaborative and forward thinking office, please forward your cover letter and resume to the attention of Lisa Kindree by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Central Society is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted. Should you need accommodation during the interview process, please inform the contact prior to the interview to let them know what you require