Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, the Capital Campaign & Alumni Relations Coordinator will provide fundraising, administrative, and logistical support to the Love, Camp Capital Campaign for Camp Chief Hector YMCA. The components of YMCA Calgary’s fundraising strategy include Annual Campaign, Major Gifts for Program and Capital, Sponsorship, Endowment Fund and Planned Giving.
This position is based at Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge and involves local travel within the city and to Camp Chief Hector in Kananaskis County.
The purpose of this position is to fulfill the mission of the YMCA and to ensure that the work is in service to meeting community needs and delivering impact for the people we serve. The Capital Campaign Coordinator will ensure that a positive culture exists that demonstrates YMCA Calgary’s Guiding Principles and 4 core values of respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring.
Duties and Responsibilities
Alumni Development & Fundraising Responsibilities
• Engage with Camp Chief Hector alumni and stakeholders to advance their relationship with Camp Chief Hector and YMCA Calgary
• Cultivate relationships and solicit support from donors and prospects for the Camp Chief Hector Capital Campaign
• Develop a Camp Chief Hector alumni program in collaboration with the Camp Chief Hector staff
• Identify unique alumni stories and profiles for publication
• Execute a robust donor stewardship program, including donor calls, reports, newsletters, and other communications
• Support and coach staff and volunteers to prospect, cultivate, solicit and steward donors to achieve goals ensuring fundraising best practices are implemented and Donor Bill of Rights is followed • Develop and manage special event activities
• Research and support development of proposals for major gifts and grant applications
• Establish and maintain professional and productive relationships with staff and key volunteers to build awareness and support for a Culture of Philanthropy
• Document stakeholder engagement activities in Raiser’s Edge donor database
• Coordinate and support administrative tasks related to the Camp Chief Hector Capital Campaign and volunteer needs
• Support campaign reporting and ensure it meets requirements of end users and supports fundraising strategies
• Collaborate with Vice President to leverage data and identify opportunities for alumni outreach and programming by milestone and region
• Develop resources and scripts for use by Campaign volunteers to drive fundraising growth and event attendance
• Work in collaboration with Fund Development Team and Camp Staff to ensure clarity on campaign activities to ensure Capital Campaign and Annual Campaign work in unison.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired; Experience with alumni or donor relations and data management and fundraising administration preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with discretion, tact and diplomacy; including working with volunteers
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, ongoing projects, able to set and monitor priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work and think independently, with a high attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate data and feedback into decision-making
• Highly collaborative with the ability to build consensus
• Strong experience and keen interest in event management
• An understanding of and dedication to ethical fundraising – keeping with YMCA Calgary’s mission and values and in accordance with charitable giving standards
• A strong sense of professionalism while representing YMCA Calgary to external stakeholders
• The ability to work with highly confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner
• Experience with donor management software Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
• Three professional references
The Capital Campaign & Alumni Relations Coordinator position works in a traditional office setting. This position may be required to travel to other branches of YMCA Calgary on occasional basis for meeting, events etc.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a 40 hour per week position and this position is nonexempt from the YMCA Calgary Lieu Time Agreement.
The Capital Campaign & Alumni Relations Coordinator position is not a physically demanding position. May have to lift or move boxes. They may have to help with set up during events.
There are no direct reports to this position.
This position is Permanent – Full Time and Non-Exempt
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
All applications are to be submitted online but for any position specific concerns or questions, please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager, Cassandra.Petrovic@calgary.ymca.ca