Calgary Public Library Foundation
About the Calgary Public Library Foundation (www.libraryfoundation.ca)
We’re a dedicated group of fundraisers who are constantly striving to make the world better. We believe in our heart of hearts that libraries are critical community hubs and Calgary Public Library improves the lives of Calgarians. Our donors are a top priority and we are truly grateful for each and every one who, through philanthropy, make the Library even better by removing barriers, supporting innovation and creating a more resilient community.
We’ve raised more than $65 million in the last decade, breaking records and creating a culture for Library philanthropy in Canada. Our organization has more to do, and we’re looking for our next Fundraising Storyteller to help us stay on track, communicate with stakeholders, and bring the Library Foundation into the next chapter.
A true leader at heart, you know that people are the key to our fundraising success, and you are excited to motivate your team members to produce impactful work. We are on the hunt for a fundraising ninja, marketing wizard, and strategic mastermind to join our team as our new Director, Strategy and Marketing. If you have a passion for community impact, a creative flair for marketing and a knack for coming up with innovative strategies, then this role is for you. Past experience in leading fundraising campaigns, developing marketing strategies, and project management is a must. But it’s not just about the experience, we’re looking for someone who is a natural leader, able to inspire and guide a team to success. Strong communication skills, the ability to rally the troops, and work well in a team are key. You have experience in leading, mentoring, and developing a team and a proven track record of leading by example.
What You’ll Do
Our Director, Strategy and Marketing is a project management aficionado. You will be responsible for leading and implementing fundraising and marketing strategies to support the overall success of the Foundation. This includes developing fundraising appeals, leading marketing efforts across various platforms, managerial oversight for our events and social enterprise initiatives, and creating long-term strategies that balance the analytical and the human. You will be responsible for leading the Communications team, building relationships with key stakeholders, budget management and reporting to the CEO.
- Work with the wider team to implement fundraising appeals to increase donor engagement and support.
- Manage and oversee our calendar of events, including a high level of involvement with the strategic objectives of our Lit Gala.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns that increase awareness of the Library Foundation and our donors’ impact in the community.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, facilitating in-kind support and developing ongoing partnerships.
- Amplify the Library Foundation’s visibility in the media by creating informative and interesting press releases and related marketing materials.
- Manage incoming media requests, disseminate to the appropriate spokesperson (either within the Library Foundation or at the Library), drafting speaking notes as necessary.
- Meet regularly with the Library and their Public Relations company to review upcoming media pitches and relevance to our work.
Creative Oversight and Project Management
- Lead the creative process for all fundraising and marketing campaigns, ensuring that your team members have the information they need to be successful.
- Take a data-driven approach to improve communication efforts, identify trends, and develop long-term strategies to support fundraising.
- Keep up-to-date on industry developments and trends in fundraising and marketing, and applying best practices to campaigns and strategies.
- Project management, including planning, execution, and monitoring across the team.
- Maintain general oversight for the vision and goals of our social enterprise, LibraryStore.ca, expanding awareness, relevance, and profitability.
Leadership and Management
- Manage and lead the Communications team, including hiring and training members, setting goals, and providing guidance and mentorship to ensure the team is working effectively and efficiently.
- Acts as a liaison between the Communications, Development and Operations teams to ensure all projects run smoothly by maintaining a broad understanding of all deliverables and the interconnectedness of our work.
- Manage the budget for communications/marketing projects and appeals, social enterprise initiatives, and events.
- Report on team progress, providing updates on fundraising and marketing efforts, and recommending and implementing changes as needed.
- Provide support and strategic direction to the CEO to support team goals.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4-6 years of progressive fundraising experience including appeals, campaigns, events and stewardship.
- A natural leader that can juggle projects and staffing and volunteer resources.
- Project Management and marketing experience.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, non-profit management, like-degree or experience that gives you the practical know-how.
What You’ll Get
- A competitive salary (ranging between $80,000-$90,000 annually based upon experience) and benefits that reflect the value we place on attracting and retaining a talented team
- Four weeks vacation
- 16 Personal Flex Days
- 10% RRSP matching
- A hybrid work environment, with three days at Calgary’s Central Library and two at your home office.
The Interview Process
- Please send your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “Director, Strategy and Marketing”
- We will review all resumes using blind screening and invite the top candidates to discuss their skills at our first round of interviews.
A second interview will allow us to dig into your skills and allow you to learn more about our organization, culture, and what the role will entail.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet the entire Foundation team virtually for a five minute chat with each of your potential colleagues.
This posting will be open until we find the right person for our team, but don’t delay – we hope to start calling potential candidates as early as February 6.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome diverse expertise and talent to support an innovative and collaborative work environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including people of all gender identities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process, so if required, please advise when you are contacted for an interview.