Stella’s Place ~ Hybrid Working Position
Posted On: January 13, 2023
Closing On: February 13, 2023
Location: Toronto (hybrid)
Salary Range: $110,000-$125,000
Stella’s Place Assessment and Treatment Centre is the first comprehensive, integrated, community-based assessment and treatment centre in Canada for young adults (age 16 to 29) experiencing mental health challenges.
Founded by a concerned parent and philanthropist Donna Green in 2016, it now delivers a range of strength-based individual and group counseling, which includes peer support services, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Social Anxiety Disorder Program, BeanBag Chat (BBC), a virtual platform for counselling/support services, and a range of psychosocial programs in-person, in Toronto, and virtually each year. Since its inception, it has served thousands of young adults in Ontario.
Stella’s Place is privately funded and is unique in its approach to healing that includes peer support and a co-creation model that includes young adults – a proven strategy for success. A recently completed $11-million capital campaign has resulted in a state-of-the art program facility in downtown Toronto, to be officially opened by Toronto Mayor John Tory in the spring of 2023.
This visionary organization is ready for the next stage of its evolution as one of Canada’s leading mental health causes for young adults, raising $3M and greater in current and future years to sustain its vision, mission and innovative program model.
Stella’s Place is seeking a Chief Philanthropy Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the ideal candidate for the position of Chief Philanthropy Officer will be an experienced fundraiser and fundraising champion with a demonstrated ability for relationship-building, staff management and teamwork. They will create successful strategies to drive philanthropic revenue ($3M+ in annual revenues) for Stella’s Place, employing best practices for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individuals, foundations, corporations and some government funding. They will develop donor engagement, solicitation and stewardship programs, set annual performance goals for the department and individual contributors, and lead and motivate a passionate fundraising team in support of these goals.
What you bring to the role
- As a fundraising leader and generalist, you bring a 7 to 10-year track record of success building and growing a diversified fundraising program but mainly focused on major and mid-level gifts and sponsorships
- You have personally cultivated, solicited and closed 6 figure major gifts and sponsorships, possibly in a capital or comprehensive campaign setting
- You have demonstrated experience leading and mentoring a team
- You have worked with program teams on case development, and fostered a culture of philanthropy
- You have experience with external marketing and communications, and possess superior written communication skills for proposal development/report writing, and demonstrate impressive presentation skills, including passionate storytelling
- You are experienced in prospect identification, review and qualification, and pipeline development
- You possess operational and project management/organizational skills
- You are able to set strategic goals and measurable benchmark for your team members
- Given that Stella’s Place has rapidly grown in its short 6-year history, you are flexible and comfortable with change and ambiguity from time to time
- Strong relationship builder who brings an eagerness to initiate new relationships and expand the donor base
- Strategic thinker coupled with the understanding that it is important to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- The maturity to support the Stella’s Place leadership; understanding how to support those who are less experienced with fundraising
- University graduate in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development
- CFRE designation or equivalent experience
- Experience raising funds for mental health
- Donor Perfect experience or equivalent
- Budgeting and forecasting experience an asset
- Understanding the community that Stella’s Place serves
- What Stella’s Place offers you in return
Competitive salary $110,000 – $125,000
Competitive health and dental benefits – Stella’s Place offers a generous health package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
Hybrid working opportunity (up to 3+ days/week in office and available for in-person donor meetings in the GTA)
This search is being conducted on behalf of Stella’s Place by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit and charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we would be pleased to connect with them.
If you have questions about this position, please reach out to Ann Armstrong at 647.261.3566 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We request all applications be submitted online only.
To submit your application by February 13, 2023, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job- openings/. Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Experiencing technical issues when applying? Contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stella’s Place is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the City of Toronto and its participants. We strongly encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression and all those who can provide and contribute to the diversification of perspective at Stella’s Place.