Specialized Programs and Services to Support the Development of Young Children
Providence is a vibrant, registered charity with a long-established history of providing therapeutic and educational services to families across our 6 schools and childcare facilities in Calgary and surrounding area. Our programs are designed to support young children who may not be meeting typical developmental milestones. Providence provides the opportunity to enhance the health and development of children and their families.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Resource Development Department as a Coordinator, Resource Development.
The hours of work are from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, on site. Full-Time Permanent
It is an expectation at Providence that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
The Coordinator, will work as part of the Resource Development team and report to the Director, Resource Development. This position is responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of corporate and individual donors. Collaborating with Resource Development team to develop new fundraising ideas and plans that increase support for Providence. In addition to their Resource Development responsibilities, this position also provides marketing, communications and administrative support for the department as well as to other Providence programs.
- Competitive salary range.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package, optional RRSP, wellness days, appointment time and paid sick time.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, paid time off during Christmas break and paid time off during Spring break.
- Free onsite parking.
- Employee Assistance Plan.
- Professional development allowance for ongoing learning and career advancement.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience working with large scale events, volunteer committees, and event promotion is considered an asset
- Collaborative team member with desire to work in the community, education and non-profit sectors.
- Comfortable working on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Computer and numerical literacy, comfortable working with data bases and metrics. Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Have the ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritizing numerous demands.
- Must be flexible to work outside of their scheduled hours for meetings, etc.
- This position requires driving within Calgary.
- Manage a portfolio of grant proposals, including researching, writing and reporting.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with third party fundraising initiatives.
- Donation processing, update and maintain Raiser’s Edge database.
- Support all Resource Development events and programs.
- Co-ordinate, recruit, train and work with resource development volunteers.
- Oversee correct usage of logo and graphic design for all Providence material (i.e. report to Community, brochures, flyers, ads, parent information, etc.).
- Support with website updates; work with Manager of Administrative Services to keep content current, maintain consistent messaging, analyze data and ensure search optimisation.
- Participate as an active member of the social media and marketing team. Contribute resource development related content and posts to Providence’s social media pages.
- Responsible for vendor relationship management for Resource Development department, which includes graphic design, sponsorships, branding, advertising, etc.
- Graduate of a relevant degree or diploma in fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations, non-profit management or related education is required.
- Minimum of three years fundraising experience with demonstrated comfort in asking for annual gifts, major gifts and sponsorships.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database, grant writing and prospect research is considered an asset.
- In-depth understanding of communication best practices and experience dealing with external audiences, community partners and media.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience considered an asset.
- Graphic design experience considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license, must have own vehicle and willing to travel within Calgary and to surrounding areas.
Please submit your resume via email to the Human Resources Team at: email@example.com
Learn more about us at: www.providencechildren.com