POSITION TITLE: Manager, Annual Giving
PROGRAM: Development and Communications
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35-hour work week, hybrid at home and in office
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager, Annual Giving will develop, implement, execute, monitor and evaluate the organization’s integrated annual giving campaigns
designed to raise revenue. In addition, the Manager, Annual Giving will be able to tell the story of CMHA Calgary, elevate the brand and lead annual giving.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Fund Development
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual giving philanthropy program that includes prospect and donor identification, segmentation, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Create programs to engage new donors, retain existing donors, renew lapsed donors and increase revenue.
- Monitor, evaluate and report program effectiveness and make recommendations for continued development and improvement.
- Work with the Development team to ensure fundraising revenue targets are met and/or exceeded, while expenses are managed within approved budgets.
- Develop and implement a monthly giving program, including a stewardship strategy.
- Develop and implement an employee giving program.
- Work closely with the Communications team to maintain brand integrity.
- Develop a donor cultivation and stewardship strategy to strengthen relationships with annual donors, elevate their giving, and lay the foundation for mid-level, major and legacy/planned giving.
- Works closely with the Gift Processing Coordinator to ensure accurate donor and campaign data tracking in the CiviCRM database.
- Plan events for annual donors.
- Generate reports from CiviCRM and analyze data for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate deep respect not only for clients but for the teams you support, your peers and community partners
- An interest in lifelong learning along with empathy and insight.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or a combination of education and work-related experience.
- Passion for CMHA Calgary’s mission and vision.
- Minimum three years’ experience in annual giving, including project leadership, direct response marketing, copy writing and business analytics.
- Knowledge and understanding of ethical fundraising best practices, and ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Positive outlook, goal orientated, self-motivated.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Gifted data analyst and storyteller.
- Advanced client relationship management database skills
- The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date
Application closing date: Friday, February 10th, 2023
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted