You have a passion for making a difference, you crave the opportunity to impact your community and you would describe yourself as someone who seeks a career with purpose. You have a strong internal drive that pushes you to seek challenging work in a collaborative, professional, and reputable environment that does meaningful work in Calgary.
Inn from the Cold (The Inn) is housing-focused, our mission is to offer shelter, housing, and coordinated supports to help children and their families achieve independence. We need passionate, high-performing, and solution-oriented team members to achieve our mission and have an exciting and challenging opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the Director, Philanthropy & Campaigns, the Development Associate will solicit annual gifts, and work to grow our giving program, while helping to foster and strengthen long term donor relationships and deepen donor engagement. This position supports the Fund Development department to reach its strategic fundraising goals by implementing and overseeing appropriate solicitation asks and stewardship actions required for each level and type of gift received.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Development Associate will perform a wide range of duties which may include:
- Develop and manage relationships with current and prospective donors
- Work to increase the revenue within your portfolio of donors
- Develop and coordinate a donor relations and stewardship system including naming and recognition policies; ensure consistency and equitable standards for donor recognition
- Manage processes for acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications, and continued cultivation of past and current donors
- Identify best practices for stewardship planning and operation
- Implement a comprehensive annual plan for the stewardship of all donors
- Collaborate with Director, Philanthropy & Campaigns, to enhance donor recognition and experience
- Record stewardship and recognition actions in Raiser’s Edge; track the impact of stewardship engagement with donors
- Write personal acknowledgment and stewardship letters for signature by executives, board members, and key volunteers
This position profile reflects the general duties of the position, but is not intended to be a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent in the position. Inn from the Cold offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including comprehensive health and dental benefits, a health spending account, and RRSP matching after three months of service.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Business Administration or Non-profit Management
- One-three (1-3) years’ relevant work experience in a similar role with a non-profit, sales experience may be considered
- Job-related experience with Raiser’s Edge or other similar databases and high proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; fast learner and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, and independently manage multiple, diverse, and competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision
- Extraordinary commitment to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must have high attention to detail, and precise accuracy
How to Apply
- Please apply via our company website: Innfromthecold.org/careers
- Applications will be accepted until successful candidate is found
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- No phone calls or email inquiries please
- Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
Police check and Child Intervention check is required for employment.
Subject to reasonable accommodation, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof they are fully vaccinated.
Mission & Values
At The Inn, our mission is to offer shelter, housing, and coordinated supports to assist children and their families achieve independence.
Compassionate We demonstrate kindness, caring, and a genuine motivation to help
Respectful We hold ourselves and other in high regard and demonstrate this through our attitudes and behaviors
Courageous We are brave and bold and stand strong in our representation for families
Accountable We do what we say and conduct ourselves with integrity and openness
Inclusive We value the rich diversity of people and the right of all to participate fully, without fear or discrimination
Innovative We strive to achieve positive and impactful change by building knowledge, pursuing new ideas, collaborating with others, and learning from our efforts
Diversity Statement: Inn from the Cold is committed to building and fostering a safe and inclusive workplace that values diversity and provides opportunities for all employees to thrive. The Inn will make every effort to recruit qualified staff to fulfill its vision, mission and values, and who reflect the diversity of clients it serves