Position Type: Full Time
Closing Date: January 27, 2023
West Island College
Do you value and embrace what an exceptional educational experience can mean for students, our community, and the world?
Are you a donor relations specialist who understands the importance of alumni engagement?
Do you consider yourself to be curious, creative and innovative?
The West Island College (WIC) Associate Director, Alumni and Donor Relations, is part of a team that together implements a comprehensive advancement and alumni engagement program that ultimately supports the exceptional student experience at WIC. This position works closely with the Director of Advancement to implement fund development and alumni engagement plans.
• Working directly with donors, volunteers, parents, staff, and alumni to make student life at WIC the best it can be
• Creating and implementing an annual alumni engagement plan that focuses on providing opportunities/activities/events to further engage alumni
• Cultivating and stewarding relationships with current and prospective donors and volunteers: including alumni, parents, and grandparents
• Developing and implementing annual campaigns
• Representing WIC at alumni, donor and community events
• Ensuring alumni engagement is meaningful and expanding
• Providing database and administrative support to track engagement and key alumni metrics
• Conducting prospective donor research for WIC fundraising priorities including the Annual Fund Campaign, Capital Campaigns, major and planned gifts, and
• Creating and organizing special events that elevate donors’/alumni sights as to how they can be an active and engaged part of the WIC community, including what volunteering and giving makes possible at WIC, and how they can be part of it.
The Associate Director supports the expansion of philanthropic and advancement literacy through the exceptional engagement of the College’s most important relationships: with alumni, donors, students, faculty, staff and parents.
This position, reporting to the Director of Advancement, will build upon the exceptional alumni relations work already in place at WIC.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ progressive experience in fund development or alumni relations; like-experience in marketing and communications will be considered
• Post-Secondary Degree or certification in a related field, or a combination of education and professional experience
• Demonstrates sound judgment, confidence, initiative, and discretion
• A proven track record of achieving goals with demonstrated success in fund development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, and in using a donor database and other 3rd party fundraising software
• High attention to detail, data entry accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a variety of individuals.
Salary range: $75,000 to $90,000
West Island College embraces all forms of identity that include race, ethnicity, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Click here for the full position description.
Please submit your cover letter and resumé by January 27, 2023 to the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our website at www.wicyyc.ca