Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. We have locations across southern Alberta helping 17,500 learners each year. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Donor Relations Officer.
The primary role of the Donor Relations Officer is to support the Open Doors – Open Minds campaign activities while working within the broader team of Fund Development and Alumni Engagement (FDAE). The overarching goal is to promote and enhance relationships with the donors, sponsors, and prospects of Bow Valley College.
The incumbent will have a donor centric mindset that facilitates the goals of sustaining and increasing donor and sponsor revenue for institutional priorities. This role will be predominately in support of campaign activities but will have overlap and eventually be fully embedded into the activities carried out by the FDAE department.
In addition to your donor centric mindset and passion for philanthropy, you will come with some knowledge of the activities related to stewardship and the capacity to support our stewardship team in facilitating and recognizing all donors. Administrative acumen for tracking student awards, processing gifts, ensuring accurate entry of database information, and supporting stewardship activities and events. Preference will be given to those who possess events, stewardship, campaign, and alumni experience.
Donors, Campaign Activities, Stewardship Activities, and other Initiatives
- As an initial point of contact, works with the team to recognize and engage donors around their support
- Consults with the FDAE team to compile the content of stewardship reporting and donor communications materials; this includes liaising with Finance and other departments to track and report on use and status of donated funds.
- Collaborates with the Campaign Manager on best practice for stewardship activity and processes related to campaign, ongoing donor funded projects, student awards and financial needs bursaries.
- Facilitates information for Celebrating Student Futures awards event and other donor recognition events, as well as other donor stewardship and communication purposes.
- In conjunction with colleagues on the FDAE team, compiles donor information as required for use in stewardship reports, briefing materials, naming and gift agreements and other donor engagement and stewardship processes
- Communicates with donors to answer questions, processes donations, resolves issues, ensures requests are appropriately handled, etc.
- Stewards through regular thank-you phone calls and communication with donors.
- Facilitates effective and appropriate gift acceptance and stewardship including gift processing and stewardship delivery. Provides letters, invitations, and other outlined benefits that reflect our campaign and annual stewardship recognition guidelines.
- Collaborates with Stewardship Specialist and other members of the team to support updates to stewardship practices as campaign and annual operations evolve.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners, acting as an integral point of contact for the cultivation and stewardship of current and new potential donors.
- Supports our fund development and campaign activities by cultivating relationships that help to secure gifts and sponsorships that support college activities.
- Supports prospect research activity to identify and recommend potential prospects. Keeping a keen eye on all donor activity, database entries, and relationships while connecting and recommending prospect leads.
- Working in collaboration with Campaign Manager, supports the development and activation of donor stewardship plans for campaign.
- Works in consultation with the Stewardship Specialist and Fund Development and Alumni Engagement team to build individual stewardship plans for campaign and annual donors.
- Participates as a member of the FDAE team in planning, coordination, delivery and subsequent stewardship of high caliber Open Doors – Open Minds Campaign events and annual events such as: Celebrating Student Futures, Giving Day, Premier’s Scholarship Luncheon, Stampede donor breakfast and award events.
- In consultation with Marketing and Communications and Fund Development and Alumni Engagement, recognizes and stewards donors through digital media including recognition through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and digital marketing platforms including MailChimp, and Sitecore.
- In consultation with Marketing and Communications and Fund Development and Alumni Engagement, researches, develops, and executes a fund development digital recognition plan that would incorporate email automation, donor featured campaigns, stories, and impact videos.
- Stewardship through invitations and RSVP management in Cvent and Mailchimp for donor and alumni initiatives including the Premier’s Scholarship Luncheon, campaign events, Alumni Nights, and our annual Celebrating Student Futures event.
- Draws information from College systems (e.g., Student Information System/Fluid Review/Agresso) with a high degree of proficiency.
- Raiser’s Edge management that includes entering gifts, generate receipts and providing acknowledgment (“gift processing”) with a high degree of proficiency.
- Compiles donor information as required for use in briefing materials and other donor engagement purposes.
- Ongoing management of various software and websites to ensure accuracy of information.
- Processes certain financial and administrative forms, schedules meetings and performs other administrative functions for the Director of Fund Development and Alumni Engagement and Campaign Manager.
- In conjunction with fundraisers on the team, prepares terms of reference for donor-funded student awards as required, and navigates administrative processes involved with establishing and tracking awards.
- Manages and ensures organization and paper and electronic files and records.
- Diploma in Business/Office Administration and/or Fund Development.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
- Member in good standing of Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Minimum Education Requirements: Diploma
Location: BVC CALGARY – CA (Primary)
BVC CALGARY DOWNTOWN CAMPUS – CA
Job Family Fund Development
FTE Per Individual (%) 100
Closing Date: 2/5/2023
Employment Status: Continuous Salary
Commensurate with experience
Full Position Description and Apply for this position HERE