Red River College
(Leave blank if open until position is filled)
November 23, 2020
Red River College
Executive Director, Advancement
Full Time; Senior Level
This senior position is accountable for the overall leadership, strategic direction, vision and operational management of the Advancement division including Fund Development, Alumni Programs, Donor Relations, Internal and External Communications, Government Relations, Marketing and Web Presence and Student Recruitment.
In addition, working collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team and Leadership Council, the Executive Director (ED), Advancement provides strategic advice and makes recommendations to the President and the Board concerning College activities and plans.
• Work collaboratively to deepen awareness of the vision and mission and reputation of RRC as an educator of choice, through a comprehensive fundraising program developed to support the Strategic Plan.
- Lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive plan for developing key alliances both external and internal to RRC by securing individual and organization philanthropic support.
- Oversee the vision, strategy and management of an integrated College-wide development, alumni relations, communications, public relations, marketing and webpresence portfolio.
• Post-secondary education with several years of senior level administrative and/or leadership experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven track record of securing significant philanthropic gifts.
- Experience in creating and leading successful fundraising programs including annual and major gift programs.
- Experience in overseeing Alumni and Donor Relations systems.
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of communications plans in a large dynamic environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of branding, marketing and client recruitment strategies.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and manage strategic projects and initiatives to further advance the College’s Strategic plans.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to create opportunities to build and sustain positive, collaborative relationships with government, internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to represent the College in a highly visible manner.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to express and communicate views, ideas and facts effectively in a fast paced, highly demanding environment to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to integrate and lead diverse portfolios into a cohesive strategy that supports the overall strategic goals of the College.
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse senior team at the strategic level, inspiring innovative and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Ability to establish and maintain strategic alliances with donors, and community and industry partners.
- Ability to promote and enable change within the organization.
- Exemplifies the values and ethics of Red River College.
- Experience building a respectful workplace culture that promotes diversity, learning and continuous improvement.
• Senior administrative experience in a College setting or an organization of comparable complexity.
• An understanding of philanthropic trends, nationally and locally.
• Experience with project management and change management processes.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
• Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
SALARY RANGE: $144,042 – $187,258 PER ANNUM | COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-156
CLOSING DATE: November 23, 2020 | Apply to Red River College by email:
We seek diversity in our workplace. Indigenous persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Red River College (RRC) is the largest institute of applied learning and research in Manitoba, with 22,000 students, expert faculty and researchers across nine campuses, a vast alumni network, and hundreds of industry and community partnerships.
RRC provides an atmosphere of accessibility and respect, and serves students from all corners of Manitoba, and across the country and other parts of the world.
The College offers more than 200 full and part-time degree, diploma and certificate options. Through hands-on learning opportunities and state-of-the-art instruction, RRC prepares students to become leaders in their fields — while also ensuring they can meet changing industry demands and contribute to the province’s economic growth.
JOIN ONE OF MANITOBA’S TOP 25 EMPLOYERS
Post expires at 7:49am on Monday February 1st, 2021