Women In Need Society
August 4, 2021
Fund Development Coordinator
Internal/External Job Posting
The Women in Need Society (WINS) is proud to be one of Calgary’s longest running social enterprises, offering local support for women and their families in times of crisis and poverty. When you work for WINS, you’re joining a team that’s making a difference in the lives of thousands of Calgary women.
Our vision is for all women to have the resources, skills, knowledge and confidence to achieve self-sufficiency. Together with donors, government and other social agencies, we provides wrap-around support to women who are experiencing abuse, poverty, social isolation and/or homelessness.
WINS employees exemplify our values: Compassion, support, learning, integrity, honesty and respect. We work hard while promoting teamwork in a fun and collaborative environment. A career at WINS lets you advance your skills while making a meaningful contribution to Calgary women and their families.
We operate Calgary-area family thrift stores, the More Store and Twice New online shop where Calgarians shop and donate. WINS focuses on empowering women to move from a place of vulnerability to one of resilience. Whether helps comes in the form of support at one of our Community Resource Hubs, Retail Ready (WINS Employment Service) or the provision of free clothing, household needs and furniture, all WINS staff work with our mission of “helping women and their families to help themselves”.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Fund Development Manager, the primary responsibility of the Fund Development Coordinator is the execution and support of a fundraising program allowing WINS to meet its mission of serving Calgary women and their families in need. This will include the coordination of and development of grant proposals, major gifts management and support for annual giving activities. The Fund Development Coordinator will participate in communication and prospecting activities involving but not limited to email, grant applications, relationship building/stewardship vehicles, and social media campaigns all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of donor support.
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
• Provide hands-on execution for the WINS annual donations campaign.
• Provide recommendations to achieve fundraising, and donations revenue targets.
• Develop donor proposals, grant applications, stewardship reports ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Assist with the relationships with donors, prospective donors and key stakeholders.
• Actively search for grant opportunities and liaise with WINS leadership to ensure applications are aligned with the business need being solicited.
• Coordinator opportunities for donors to engage with WINS programming and/or operations to learn or inquire about the area their gift has supported.
• Support all special events such as festivals, and marketing initiatives aimed at increasing the public’s awareness of WINS.
• Support the retail operations of WINS with direct solicitation of gifts-in-kind and services to support WINS social enterprise.
• Support development of partner communications, posters, websites and other collaterals to support fundraising activities.
• Build and maintain close relationships with corporate volunteer groups, service clubs, and faith based organizations to initiate a ‘call for help’ when needed or when offered.
• Act as a well-informed ambassador for WINS at presentations, donor meetings, volunteer greetings, recognition and external community events.
• Model WINS values and demonstrate strength in working collaboratively with members of the WINS staff and volunteers to advance the mission.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate:
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a specialization in communication, marketing, business, fundraising, or other relevant area; a suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
• 3+ years of fund development experience considered an asset.
• Demonstrated success and progressive track record of soliciting and closing donor support, developing high potential prospects and donors, and strengthening relationships to raise funds and meet funding goals.
• Demonstrated ability to build and strategically lever relationships ranging from donors and supporters to board members to volunteers.
• Understanding of charitable tax receipting regulations is an asset.
• Experience with Salesforce, Laravel and Volgistics or similar software.
• Experience in the use of social media for fundraising considered an asset.
• Ability to work independently in articulating and driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
• Persuasive and professional writing, presentation, website and communication skills.
• Well established project management skills with the ability to manage multiple demands in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment.
• Dependable, flexible, and resourceful with excellent team and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to provide satisfactory results of Vulnerable Sector Search backcheck through CPS.
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive Benefits package, including Health and Dental
• Employee Discount at our Family Thrift Stores and online shop Twice New
How to Apply:
Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence using the link:
• Use Chrome as your search engine for best results
Apply by: Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.