About Hospitals of Regina Foundation
The Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement and improvement of health care in our community. We believe our support will help to lift the burden for those who are struggling with diseases and afflictions. We also believe that our support will enable Regina’s hospitals to grow, innovate and
continue to meet the needs of the people in southern Saskatchewan. Build the next phase of your career with a top performing team
Reporting to the Director, Development (Annual Giving) and serving as an important member of the Development team, the Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Stewardship is responsible for the Foundation’s multi-faceted annual giving and stewardship programs. Working in collaboration with the Director, the Manager will provide strategic program design and will work to maximize annual philanthropic revenue, ensuring long-term financial support for Regina’s hospitals. The Manager will also ensure the success of direct reports, the Donor Stewardship Officer and the Development Officer, Gift Entry & Receipts. A pro-active, strategic, goal-oriented fundraising professional, the Manager, Annual Giving & Stewardship will play a key role in the strategic growth plan of Hospitals of Regina Foundation.
In this role, you will be accountable for the following:
- Oversee, manage and grow the existing direct mail and email programs, including writing direct response letters and other communications, liaising with suppliers, managing timelines, and working collaboratively with colleagues to identify relevant and impactful patient stories.
- Implement and enhance the plan to grow the monthly donor giving program
- Oversee, and enhance the plan to grow the monthly donor giving program
- Oversee the online employer matching gift system
- Project manage the annual tele-fundraising initiative with external suppliers
- Collaborate effectively with development colleagues in planned and major giving to ensure an integrated approach to fundraising and donor stewardship
- Research, develop and implement a hospital staff giving program.
Program Growth and Development
- Actively participate in annual business planning and budgeting
- Identify opportunities and lead activities related to the growth of the Foundation’s Annual Giving Program, including but not limited to direct response mail and email programs.
- Create queries, exports and reports in Raiser’s Edge in order to analyze and track data to evaluate program effectiveness and recommend annual program planning.
- Create and manage donor segments and lists in Raiser’s Edge Program Expertise and Team Leadership
Program Expertise and Team Leadership
- Learn from colleagues and professional development opportunities in order to be an ambassador for best practices in charitable fundraising.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic developments, trends and industry challenges that may assist or impact the annual giving program.
- Ensure the success of direct reports:
- Oversee the quality and timeliness of donor stewardship by providing effective management and mentoring to the Donor Stewardship Officer
- Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of gift entry and receipting by providing effective management and mentoring to the Development Officer, Gift Entry & Receipting
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- A strong understanding of the nuances of direct response programs
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing new revenue streams
- A track record of excellent donor stewardship
- Interest in, and significant experience with, data analytics and data base management
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and adherence to process and protocols
- High level of personal and professional integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team
- Self-starter who takes initiative and always follows through on a commitment
- Commitment to the team and the Foundation’s mission and objectives
Education and Experience
- Minimum three to five years relevant experience in the charity sector
- Previous experience managing staff
- University degree or college diploma
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Strong knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge 7 or NXT
- Member in good standing with Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
Salary Range: $60,000 – $80,000. Hospitals of Regina Foundation may offer a salary outside the range, depending on skills and experience.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Living and Working in Regina
Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan and has a population of 258,233; it is located in the south-central area of the province and is the sunniest capital city in Canada. With over 830 hectares of parks and 120 km of pathways, Regina has a wealth of green spaces and an abundance of sport and recreation facilities.
Residents enjoy arts and cultural centres, museums and performance spaces, major attractions and events all year round; there is something for everyone.
In addition to being a very livable city in terms of amenities, little traffic, short commute times and green space, Regina has one of the lowest housing costs in the country. The residential benchmark price for homes in Regina was $330,600 in July 2022, according to the latest data from the Saskatchewan Realtors Association.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining what makes you an ideal candidate to:
Kathleen Specht at email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the close of business on July 20, 2023.
To learn more about Hospitals of Regina Foundation, please visit our website at www.hrf.sk.ca