Providence is a vibrant, registered charity with a long-established history of providing specialized programs and
services to support the development of young children. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled
individual to join our Resource Development team as a Resource Development Officer in May 2022.
It is an expectation at Providence that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
The Resource Development Officer will work as part of a team to support all fundraising and community
engagement efforts. They will also be responsible for marketing and communications on behalf of the department,
including the Annual Report to Community, sponsorship packages and communications for events and activities
for the organization.
• Identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting major gifts.
• Develop and implement strategies for prospective and current major donors and fundraising opportunities.
• Research, prepare and submit high quality grant applications and proposals.
• Recruit, train and oversee volunteers and committee members.
• Other administrative duties including timely donor recognition, ability to create and track budgets, maintain
and update Raiser’s Edge database, create consistent and up-to-date contact reports.
• Monitor and supply social media and website content.
• Have a full understanding of AFP and organizational donor policies.
• Comprehensive benefits package which includes ‘Wellness Days’
• Free onsite parking
• Professional development funding for ongoing learning and career advancement.
• Graduate of a relevant degree or diploma in fundraising, marketing, public relations, non-profit
management from a recognized college or university is required
• Must have CFRE credential
• Minimum of five years fundraising experience with demonstrated comfort in asking for large gifts.
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and MS Office proficiency including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience in developing proposals and grant applications
• Strong verbal communication skills, demonstrate effective and professional public speaking
• Excellent written communication skills -includes day to day communication, preparation of business letters,
reports, and statistical data
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritizing competing demands
• Ability to work flexible hours, includes evenings and weekends
This is a Full-Time Position
Learn more about us at: www.providencechildren.com
Please submit your resume via email to our Human Resources Team at: email@example.com