Revenue Development | Location: Prairies
What We Do:
Arthritis Society Canada is on a mission to fight the fire of arthritis with the fire of research, innovation, advocacy and information and support. That’s because arthritis robs six million Canadians of their mobility, mental and physical well-being, and in some cases, their livelihood. It is Canada’s most common chronic condition, and there is no cure.
Why Join Us:
A career with us is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to push back against the devastation of arthritis. Fighting the fire of arthritis gives meaning to our work, incites collective action and drives us to excellence in all we do. Our bold and ambitious strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, is propelling our work to create transformational change. We are united, transformative and impactful culture. Our people are essential to our efforts and we will empower you to be successful in your role. We are honoured to be a 2022 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Our Revenue Development Team:
Our revenue development team is made up of talented fundraising professionals across Canada, in the areas of major giving, direct response, annual giving and corporate, who work closely with our community of generous loyal donors to turn shared visions, passions and interests into meaningful impact in fighting the fire of arthritis. We are a national charity with local impact, and the donations from these individuals makes a difference for people living with arthritis in every province.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Vice President, Western Canada, the Senior Manager will be responsible for securing major sponsorships and community partnerships revenue, with a primary focus on donor relations. The Senior Manager will play a critical role in deepening relationships with current donors, growing revenue, and building strong, effective and long-term relationships with donors in the Prairies region. With a growing portfolio and plans for expansion, the Senior Manager will contribute to the organizations strategic plan and the growth of it’s programs and donor base in the coming years. This role offers flexibility and can be based in either Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton.
- Creates the annual development plan for giving in the Prairies and quarterly budget projections.
- Leads Western Canada’s individual, foundation and corporate major gift program to deliver its annual and five-year revenue goals.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual revenue objectives.
- Actively seeks opportunities to build partnerships that maximize revenue while also securing additional supports from partners that provide value to partners while advancing Arthritis Society Canada objectives.
- Facilitates and oversees virtual and in-person experiences for prospective and current major gift donors.
- Researches and identifies current and potential prospects to identify giving potential, alignments and targeted approaches for support.
- Manages assigned donor pool to ensure all donors receive appropriate stewardship and recognition to ensure continued engagement.
- Builds and maintains donor pipeline, including database tracking, ensuring that all contacts with donor and prospective donors are tracked and recorded accordingly in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Manages the preparation of letters of intent, applications and/or proposal overviews, full proposals, presentations, stewardship reports, gift agreements needed to fulfill the complete donor cycle of their pipeline.
- Work with a variety of volunteers to build a Local Council and supports National Council members who live in the region.
- Driving corporate revenues by sourcing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing fundraising opportunities, while stewarding current partnership to renew and grow revenues from partnerships.
- Developing sponsorship packages, proposals and sponsorship fulfillment reports.
- Playing a key role in achieving revenue targets for Prairies and supporting nationwide corporate development team by working with local revenue development staff to build impactful organization wide partnerships.
- Works collaboratively with the local team to build and execute partner engagement plans including stewardship and recognition strategies for each partner.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Five (5) years of progressive revenue development experience, gained from a similar fundraising environment, working directly and successfully with donors to build giving capacity.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, business or a related field.
- Driven, energetic, self-starter and results-oriented passionate fundraiser, with a passion for philanthropy.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of customer service to donors, volunteers and other contacts throughout the relationship cycle including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a collaborative style with local and nationwide colleagues and stakeholders, both in-person and remotely.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver excellent, timely customer service.
- Excellent judgment and ability to be flexible and diplomatic.
- Ability to use discretion, judgment and tact in handling highly sensitive, confidential information related to donor information.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills. French language skills an asset.
- Strong level of comfort and experience with donor databases (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- CFRE accreditation considered an asset, as is AFP membership in good standing.
- Must have access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license, insurance and able to travel across the region.
Some Highlights of What we Offer:
- Performance Rewards: Pay for performance incentive program.
- Health & Wellness: Extended healthcare benefits (including dental, vision, prescription drugs & disability coverage), choice of healthcare spending account and/or healthy living account, virtual 24/7 healthcare access & discounted fitness membership.
- Time-Away Programs: Vacation (at least 3 weeks), personal days, holiday closure & summer hours.
- Ways of Working: Working with us doesn’t have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling you to flourish means that you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to the needs of your role, the people you serve and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home and office-based options available. We will always list a primary location which will be where you go for in-person teamwork.
- Retirement Planning: DCPP whereby you contribute 4% of earnings & we match this with 5%, and a convenient reduced-fees Group RRSP scheme.
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested in a different role or know someone that would be a great fit for our team? We are creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer. You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada, and learn more about why you should join our team to help extinguish arthritis for good!
Land Acknowledgement Statement:
We acknowledge that we carry out our work on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) nations.