Location: CAWST is based in Calgary, Alberta
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Development
We are looking for a natural relationship builder that understands effective donor stewardship, is highly organized and process oriented and gets excited about the idea of inviting people to contribute to creating a world where people have the opportunity to succeed because their basic water and sanitation needs have been met.
The Senior Manager, Donor Initiatives leads CAWST’s efforts to increase the total donation revenue from Individual donors (major and annual giving), companies and foundations. This position is responsible for setting strategy and plans, leading the execution, and mobilizing resources from across our team. As part of the Business Development team, this role works closely with all CAWST departments, in particular, our Marketing and Engagement Team and Institutional Funder Team. This person will interact directly with the CEO on select major donors and will liaise with our board by providing reports and supporting their fund development efforts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design and lead initiatives to keep our current donors interested and engaged in CAWST and our cause
- Develop strategies and plans, and execute on donor identification and initial introduction through to “making the ask”
- Increase the number of CAWST donors, with a specific focus on major gifts as well as growing our base of support from corporations, foundations, and the public via a disciplined pipeline management process
- Develop and support CAWST’s Ambassadors, comprised of a small select group of high net-worth individuals who are enthused about CAWST and our cause; and are willing to open doors and make introductions
- Design, together with the Marketing and Public Engagement Team, initiatives to generate awareness and engage potential new donors to CAWST and our cause; with the goal of converting prospective donors from engaged to giving to CAWST
- Develop messaging and channels to raise CAWST’s profile amongst potential financial supporters, including corporations, major donors, and foundations
Interface and sustain credibility with supporters and the public, to promote CAWST’s cause:
- Develop and maintain strong insight into the global water challenge and solutions, CAWST’s model and approach, and the importance of building local capacity
- Deliver presentations to potential and existing donors to raise awareness on water and sanitation, to promote CAWST’s approach, garner support & develop new relationships
- Participate in the development and execution of CAWST’s strategic plans, operation plans, budgets and financial stewardship. Produce short-term and long-term plans for individual, corporate and community giving
- Provide oversight to ensure appropriate record keeping and accuracy/integrity of the prospect and donor databases and ensure the execution of timely and appropriate donor communications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
7+ years work experience in business relationship management, business development, fundraising, marketing, and/or communications
Who you are
- Passionate and committed about CAWST and our cause – what CAWST does and how we do it – is essential for engaging and motivating the public.
- Experienced relationship builder possessing excellent networking and interpersonal skills coupled with a proven track record in building business relationships including the sales/ask aspect
- Organized and motivated professional enthusiastic about achieving goals and possessing superior timet management and organizational skills.
- Professional and credible with the ability to represent CAWST in the public sphere and in the fundraising realm in a manner that is consistent with CAWST’s vision, mission, values and reputation.
Benefits at CAWST
- A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living without basic water and sanitation needs
A workplace culture where collaboration and innovation are fostered
Rich on-the-job experiences and professional development opportunities
Attractive comprehensive compensation package, competitive salary and benefits
Strong promotion of work-life balance and flexible work environment
How to Apply
- A cover letter that gives an overview of your experience as it applies to this role, and explains why you are excited about joining our team.
CAWST is a Canadian charity and licensed engineering firm. We address the global need for safe drinking water and sanitation by building local knowledge and skills on household solutions people can implement themselves.
At the heart of everything we do is our belief that when people have their basic water and sanitation needs met, they have the opportunity to succeed. This is what drives our dedicated team to work with a global network of more than 1,500 clients and partners. Together, we have reached more than 16 million people since our inception in 2001.
Collectively, we are making a difference at a scale beyond what any of us could do individually. But our job isn’t done yet and we need you to help us expand our reach.
CAWST values equitable opportunities, sustainable solutions, collaborative and inclusive processes. CAWST recognizes and accepts differences in cultural, religious and political processes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.