Stewardship Coordinator (Full-time)
Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – join us in creating a better Calgary. YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community. Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our six health and wellness locations, six child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Stewardship Coordinator – (Full Time)
YMCA Calgary (Combination of in-branch and remote work)
Salary: $37,611.00/yr – $41,790.00/yr
Start Date: Immediately
You can make an impact in the community – locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
- Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Two-three years experience in donor relations or customer service;
- Post-secondary education an asset;
- Ability to work and think independently, manage tight deadlines and multiple tasks with a high attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities;
- Well-developed writing, presentation and verbal communications skills;
- Strong experience and proven ability with donor stewardship, sharing impact and reporting;
- Strong experience and keen interest in event management;
- Proven ability to develop cooperative and positive working relationships with staff and donors;
- Exceptional customer service skills: professional, personable, and comfortable interacting with event attendees, donors, volunteers, and staff at all levels of the organization;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and confident around people;
- An understanding and respect for the confidential nature of fund development;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and Raiser’s Edge experience would be considered an asset;
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Three professional references required.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes and manages YMCA activities and events that provide opportunities for YMCA Calgary to educate and steward donors, potential donors and key partners, including annual donor breakfast, Heritage Club (Endowment) Dinner, special events, fundraisers;
- Develop robust donor relationship and stewardship plans for integration into the Philanthropy team’s portfolio, including arranging visits, announcements and delivering stewardship reports;
- Plan, organize and lead donor relations and stewardship of all donors under $500 through donor impact reports and gift renewal strategies;
- Develop and implement business processes to ensure YMCA Calgary fulfills recognition and stewardship obligations as defined in gift agreements;
- Coordinate and support bursary programs;
- Delegate, organize and coordinate the support and participation of other staff and volunteers in delivery of events;
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications team to produce campaign materials and collateral;
- Facilitate and manage corporate volunteer engagement;
- Train and engage volunteers in Fund Development support;
- Work closely with the Fund Development Managers and support the donor relations and stewardship of their portfolios.
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other Fund Development activities.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day· Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions
- Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
All applications are to be submitted online but for any position specific concerns or questions, please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager, Cassandra.Petrovic@calgary.ymca.ca