The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada
February 25, 2022
(Recommended to include, but not required)
$50K - $55K
Improving the lives of people affected by blood cancers is the responsibility of everyone at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC). This mission guides all decision making, regardless of job function. Understanding and addressing the needs of people affected by blood cancers is fundamental to who we are and what we do. We are mission driven:
- dedicated to serving the blood cancer community
- committed to learning about blood cancers, LLSC services and new treatment options
- empowered to take ownership of our mission by informing, educating and connecting people to LLSC services
…eager about connecting with people and companies to help them make a difference in the community. You are dynamic, innovative and up for a challenge. You are driven to grow our existing core of loyal and engaged community and corporate supporters. You are excited about motivating volunteers and supporters, thrive at setting and delivering on big goals, and have the ability to inspire and mobilize others with your excellent communication skills for a cause they are passionate about. You are compassionate while being driven by doing work that matters. You yearn for freedom to work on your own terms and embrace the responsibility that comes with that.
You are looking for a permanent position in Calgary, AB.
…The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC). We want to rewrite the non-profit business model and have started by taking a hard look in the mirror. We have emerged with a renewed focus and commitment to advance patient and research outcomes through employee engagement.
We believe CULTURE is Everything
- ENGAGED employees are the key to our success
- Talented, high performing employees are driven by an internal standard of excellence and take a great deal of responsibility for their own success and the success of their organization
- High-performing employees need freedom to thrive
- We will never achieve our true potential unless our employees feel supported, valued and free
- Freedom begets boldness and we must be BOLD, willing to move forward with knowledge and conviction despite uncertainty, willing to share, try and perhaps fail without fear, willing to take calculated risks and THINK BIG
Our CORE VALUES and What they mean
We put our patients first. Our leadership style is grounded in the sharing of power for the growth and well-being of our people and the blood cancer community.
We see learning as more than professional development, but as a mindset and philosophy to help us constantly adapt, change and excel.
We celebrate character and genuineness. We expect, respect and welcome different opinions, modes of expression and diversity.
We believe success is a team sport. We care about results, but more importantly, we care how those results are achieved.
Freedom & Responsibility
We trust our team. We embrace the freedom of employees to work non-traditional hours if needed, to work from home and exercise creativity in career goals and development.
What We Will Do Together
- Retain, manage and grow relationships with top fundraisers, corporate partners, volunteers and other key internal and external stakeholders
- Coach both individual and team participants on how to maximize their fundraising by providing customized tools and inspiration
- Secure new corporate partners and increase our base of corporate support through innovative and creative fundraising support
- Initiate, cultivate and implement National (multi-market) and local campaigns with corporate partners through sponsorships, retail campaigns, and/or team participation in fundraising campaigns
- Recruit new participants through innovative networking and prospecting through existing supporters
- Execute the flawless delivery of all community events to improve participant experience and retention
- Collaborate and work as a team to achieve specific revenue and retention goals, development plans, budgets, timelines and logistics
You will be successful if you are comfortable
- Applying your strong relationship management skills and 6 months to two years of sales and/or fundraising experience to strengthen our constituent relationships and grow our fundraising programs
- Working on a team that sets ambitious goals and works together to achieve them
- Connecting, building and maintaining a range of relationships with our community of supporters including corporate partners, retail partners, teams and individuals and coaching them to fundraising success
- Applying your experience using CRM software (TeamRaiser, Raisers Edge) to use data to help inspire and encourage greater fundraising from supporters
- Working with a variety of programs and tools including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, TeamRaiser, Raisers Edge, Canva, Asana and Social Media platforms
- Being flexible and contributing to multiple campaigns and events, based on the needs of the region
- Being guided by a bold vision that advance’s LLSC’s mission in Canada
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com by February 25, 2022. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as resumes will be reviewed as they are received.