The Fund Development Officer is an integral member of the new fund development and external relations team. Responsible for advancing the vision and mission of Foothills Country Hospice Society (FCHS) by initiating and fostering strong relationships for the benefit of FCHS, this role supports annual and capital campaign goals.
Foothills Country Hospice Society (FCHS) began with the dreams and vision of local citizens who saw the need for a free-standing rural residential hospice in the foothills of Southern Alberta. FCHS is a registered charity and officially opened its doors in 2008. The hospice is truly unique offering a home-like setting including private personalized rooms, common family areas, an onsite kitchen and a beautifully landscaped eight-acre setting with pathways and mountain views.
With a plan to expand from 8 to 16 beds and ever-growing demand for its services and outreach programming, FCHS has set ambitious annual and capital goals that are already showing positive results.
Reporting to the Executive Director in the short term, and subsequently to the Director of Development/External Relations, the Fund Development Officer is responsible for the annual giving program, database, grant writing, events, and donor stewardship. This position prioritizes fostering strong, long-term relationships with all donors, sponsors, partners, and community stakeholders and works closely with the fund development team and campaign consultant (www.DTDConsulting.ca), as well as FCHS employees, volunteers, and leadership to achieve these goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ related experience; CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) designation preferred
- Outstanding communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in developing donor relationships
- In depth knowledge of donor data systems (DonorPerfect or similar)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, TEAMS and Zoom
- High-level research, analysis, writing, and presentation skills
- A standard work week is usually required (Monday – Friday)
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends as required for meetings, speaking engagements and events
- Ability to work in a diversity of settings both on and off site, ability to travel, and a current, valid driver’s license required
- Flex time and hybrid working model options possible
- Ability to work in a shared office environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Salary Range: $63,000 to $89,000 plus benefits depending upon qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Full Time 40 hours/week
- Reporting Line: Director of Development/External Relations (interim to the Executive Director)
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Event & Stewardship Associate
Closing Date: October 12, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found
For Complete Job Description and Qualifications: View the full job description here
For more info about Foothills Country Hospice visit our website: Foothills Country Hospice