Mount Royal University
Open until a suitable candidate is found
(Recommended to include, but not required)
58,938 - 63,735
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, nearly 15,000 credit students choose from 12 bachelor degrees and 36 majors.
Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut’ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We are situated on land where the Bow River meets the Elbow River. The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Mohkinstsis,” which we now call the city of Calgary. The city of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation.
Mount Royal University is committed to removing barriers and fostering the inclusion of voices that have been historically underrepresented or discouraged in our society. In support of our belief that diversity in our faculty and staff enriches the work, learning and research experiences for the entire campus community, we strongly encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply and self-identify.
About the Department of Advancement Services & Annual Giving
Advancement Services and Annual Giving plays a pivotal role in support of Mount Royal’s vision of creating exceptional learning experiences for a world of possibilities. We are proud to advance this vision by cultivating long-term and inspired relationships with the community and raising funds for the university’s priorities: from more scholarships and bursaries for students to innovative programs and initiatives and state-of-the-art campus spaces.
About the Role
The Leadership Giving Officer is responsible for building and growing an annual giving pipeline, which includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual giving donors with a focus on those at the leadership giving level. The Leadership Giving Officer will be responsible for the renewal of annual awards, working closely with the Student Awards and Gift Compliance team. Working with the broader development team, the Leadership Giving Officer will identify giving priorities and opportunities. Along with their face-to-face fundraising responsibilities, the Leadership Giving Officer will contribute to the overall work to engage, solicit and steward annual giving donors.
The Leadership Giving Officer is a member of the University Advancement team and reports to the Manager, Leadership and Annual Giving.
- Develop and lead the leadership giving portfolio, including donor identification, acquisition, and solicitation
- First point of contact for incoming student award inquiries
- Maintain student awards within portfolio (annual and endowed awards)
- Develop engagement strategy for leadership giving, including stewardship and ongoing engagement
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of the case for support for priority fundraising initiatives at Mount Royal
- Work closely with Student Awards and Gift Compliance to ensure award process runs smoothly
- Identify potential constituent groups for ongoing philanthropic engagement
- Assist in planning and execution of direct response & outreach appeals
- Respond to Annual Giving inquiries (email, phone)
- Assist with strategic planning for Leadership and Annual Giving Team
- Participating in regular fundraising meetings with colleagues and team meetings
- Managing prospect/donor relationships and maintaining contact history using RENXT CRM
- A bachelor degree is required in business administration, nonprofit management or a certificate in fundraising
- Equivalency in education and professional experience will also be considered
- 3 – 5 year of related experience in annual giving and/or higher education fundraising
- Strong analytical skills in previous roles with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify trends, and develop strategies
- Experience working with external and internal clients, donors, volunteers is preferred
- Experience working with databases, preferably RENXT or other CRM would be an asset
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail are required
- Ability to work independently and use judgement to troubleshoot issues and escalate concerns/issues accordingly
- Effective communication skills, positive attitude and creative thinking
- Excellent customer service, relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and multitask
- Research skills, and ability to use and extrapolate data from RENXT
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
What We Offer
Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. We strive to be an employer of choice among Canadian post-secondary institutions.
At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are a combination of many intersecting identities; we work to cultivate an environment that welcomes the whole person, and harnesses the strength that is available in our diversity, creating a rich and inclusive workplace.
Investing in the learning and development of our employees benefits the individual and the University. A variety of services, resources and programs encourage a healthy, productive workplace. Mount Royal University offers a competitive total compensation package including health and dental benefits, pension, health and personal spending accounts, paid vacation, winter holiday closure, personal days and a free membership in our fully equipped recreation centre.
Our campus offers the convenience of a full medical clinic, dentist and pharmacy, as well as a variety of wellness services such as physiotherapists and massage therapists. Campus Recreation offers many activities, including personal training, fitness classes, climbing, aquatics, sports, tournaments and certifications for students, employees and the public.
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Last Name], [Requisition Number].pdf (ex. Smith, 999999.pdf).