A student’s relationship with SAIT doesn’t end at convocation — we are proud of the life-long relationships we have with our alumni. The Alumni and Development department shares SAIT’s story, connects donors to incredible people, projects and experiences. SAIT is fortunate to receive financial support from our alumni family, industry and community at large. If you’re passionate about nurturing the connections between SAIT and our alumni family, we want to meet you.
The Senior Development Officer, Campaign is a critical position sharing responsibility for the achievement of the upcoming SAIT comprehensive campaign’s fundraising goals. This individual is a seasoned and collaborative professional, with strong business acumen and can demonstrate advanced fund-raising communication and strategic engagement with donors through a variety of channels.
Working closely with the Dean for the School for Advanced Digital Technology; the Chief Catalyst, Catalyst Group; Director, Development and Alumni Relations; Associate Director, Development and Principal Gifts & Campaign Lead, they will work strategically to support the activation of a 3 to 5-year fund raising campaign plan. They will work with donors and prospects and develop strategies to nurture, solicit and close gifts with donors capable of gifts of $100,000 or more.
Reporting to the Principal Gifts & Campaign Lead, the ideal candidate is a passionate fundraiser with large fund-raising campaign experience and is confident working in complex and fast-paced teams – often with competing priorities. The Senior Development Officer, Campaign works closely with the Major Gifts team, particular with the Development Officer assigned to the School for Advanced Digital Technology; and collaboratively across the broader Alumni & Development team.
– Manage and actively maintain a portfolio of (75 to 125) major gift prospects; implement key strategies to raise funds for SAIT’s key priorities
– Liaising with Deans and Directors, build and steward relationships with SAIT’s current and prospective donors. Secure major gifts of $100,000 or more from individuals, corporations, and associations/foundations
– Working closely with the ASR team, coordinate, prepare and deliver high quality proposals and cases for support, presentations and other communications materials for major gift prospects and donors
– Actively lead and participate in calls with key prospects
– Cultivate, support, communicate and manage leadership volunteers assigned to the development process
– Take an active role in the implementation of appropriate donor recognition and stewardship strategies, policies and procedures, for accounts within portfolio
– Direct the preparation of research to support key accounts within portfolio and participate in prospect identification and evaluation of prospects
– Work closely with other Senior Development Officers and Development Officer to identify and build detailed notes and gift plans for key prospects
– Record the relationship building process with contact reports filed in a relationship management system (AOSS) to facilitate open communication and team based fundraising environment
– Some gift planning/legacy (planned) giving work with individuals as appropriate to facilitate larger asset-based gifts
– Participate as a valued collaborative member within SAIT’s team of Senior Development Officers and Development Officers within the Alumni & Development Team
– Help develop and implement SAIT’s “best practice” and innovative fundraising strategy
– Active participation in SAIT’s Prospect Management (PMC) process
Qualifications & Experience
– Minimum post-secondary Diploma in business, marketing, fund raising, communications or related field, undergraduate preferred
– Five years in major gifts fundraising securing individual gifts of $100,000 required; experience securing gifts of $1 million preferred
– Fundraising experience at a post-secondary institution, ideally in a large campaign environment would be an asset
– Comprehensive/capital campaign experience (preferred)
– Evidence of ongoing upgrading of skills in communications, marketing, business, gift planning or fundraising
– High degree of business literacy
– Familiarity with fundraising database systems and spreadsheet applications required
– Must be eligible for membership in AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals)
– CFRE designation desirable
– Driver’s license and own vehicle
– Ability to travel and to conduct evening and weekend work
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. It creates the conditions for a healthy campus where everyone feels welcome, respected and empowered to succeed. SAIT values fairness, shared accountability and the importance of representation. The institution expects a commitment from its students and employees to continuously develop an equitable and inclusive mindset that celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.