Hospice Calgary Society
Until Suitable Candidate is Found
(Recommended to include, but not required)
$60,000 - $64,000 per year
Hospice Calgary guides children, teens and adults through the grieving process as they face a life threatening illness and death of a loved one. Our team of professionals provide individual, family and group support as well as 24 hour end-of-life care.
Stewardship & Engagement Officer
1.0 FTE, Permanent
Are you interested in working in an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in thousands of lives each year?
Are you a people person who is committed to exceptional stewardship of donors?
Position Summary: This position manages aspects of fund development and donor stewardship and works with the Marketing & Development team.
(For full details see Position Description at www.hospicecalgary.ca/careers/)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop standardized stewardship checklists and processes, and manage their implementation
- Create and deliver exceptional donor experiences
- Generate timely acknowledgement of gifts
- Analyze donor trends and adapt strategies to improve donor retention
- Monitor and manage tracking of donor stewardship preference data
- Meet regularly with Hospice Calgary program staff to identify key areas of interest to donors
- Support the strategic direction developed by the organization
- Develop and lead a volunteer stewardship program
- Produce accurate donor financial reports for both internal and external use
- Represent Hospice Calgary at public events as needed
- Assist with Hospice Calgary special events as needed
- Participate in Hospice Calgary’s Marketing and Fund Development Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 2-5 years’ experience is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Previous non-profit experience is required
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check required
- Prior experience using a donor CRM required, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Prior experience with public speaking required
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well in teams
- High level research, analysis, writing, and presentation skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
A standard work week is usually required (168 hours/month). Evening and weekend work is required on occasion. Ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds. Some travel required within Calgary city limits.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter with attention to Melissa Watamanuk, Fund Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post expires at 1:32pm on Sunday June 13th, 2021