At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The Stewardship Officer is responsible for executing the University of Manitoba’s integrated stewardship strategy through programs that align with the Four Pillars of Donor Relations, including, but not limited to:
- Donor recognition best and next practices.
- Impact reporting for all gifts and donors in the donor pyramid, including Endowment Fund Reporting.
- Gift announcement and donor recognition engagement opportunities.
- Donor accountability and acknowledgements
With a donor centered mindset and a passion for sharing the impact of giving, this position will inspire deep and long-term relationships between donors and the University through stewardship programs that ensure every donor is thanked and appropriately recognized for their giving and understands the impact of their philanthropy. This will lead donors to be inspired to future giving and will align with the overarching goals of external relations. Key metrics include donor retention and donor satisfaction.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS MUST SELF-DECLARE ON THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME AS INDIGENOUS (FIRST NATION, METIS AND/OR INUIT).
- Undergraduate degree required, with a major in Communications, Management, Philanthropy or a related field required.
- Two years of directly related experience required, in donor relations or stewardship, preferably in higher education or a comparably complex organization.
- Experience in project management is required.
- Experience in writing and/or designing of impact reports is preferred.
- Experience working with a donor database is preferred such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience working with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve success and inspire collaboration is required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career site, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification!
Opportunity #1: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=16982
Opportunity #2: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=16983
Closing Date: August 20, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of “The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.