St. Mary's University
Alumni Relations Coordinator (Contract- 10-20 hours/week)
ABOUT ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY:
St. Mary’s University is an innovative teaching and research university that provides affordable, accredited and highly valued degrees in the Liberal Arts, Sciences and Education. St. Mary’s is the only unaffiliated Catholic university in western Canada and celebrates over 30 years as an educational institution.
Located on a historic site in Calgary, Alberta, our students are inspired to combine academics with a passionate commitment to ethics, social justice and respect for diversity of opinion and belief. St. Mary’s has over 1000 full- and part-time students, 150 full- and part-time faculty and staff, and an average class size of 25. The university has grown by over 50% in the last seven years alone.
St. Mary’s University is seeking an Alumni Relations Coordinator who, in conjunction with the Advancement & Campus Services team, will develop and implement the alumni relations strategy to achieve annual engagement and philanthropy goals aligned to St. Mary’s University’s strategic plan.
This role requires an individual who is tech-savvy, possesses a “can do” positive attitude, superior communication abilities and outstanding relationship building skills.
The Alumni Relations Coordinator will coordinate and execute the annual alumni plan and implement innovative programs to achieve engagement by:
- Planning and executing impactful, high-quality alumni events and acting as the main contact with vendors to create exceptional alumni experiences
- Recruiting and working closely with the Alumni Association members to strategize and develop the annual alumni programs and events
- Identifying and coordinating mentorship opportunities for alumni, young alumni and current students
- Leading content development for the university’s alumni engagement, and working with the Communications team (creating stories, newsletters, reports, social media posts, etc.) on relevant publications
- Refine and build the alumni awards (scholarships and bursaries) and provide pertinent information to the Awards Committee
Plan and execute the annual alumni programs in order to raise funds to achieve philanthropic priorities by:
- Collaborating with the Advancement team to identify and cultivate potential alumni donors, while providing exceptional stewardship to current alumni donors.
- Setting revenue goals to grow the Alumni Fund and executing annual appeals, working alongside the Development department
- Managing the annual graduating class fund appeal, Giving Tuesday appeal, Giving Day appeal and other appeals in conjunction with the Development department
- Evaluating the performance of the alumni affinity program to enhance engagement effectiveness
- Reporting and analyzing annual fund performance and provide analysis and program outcomes and key learnings, with support from the Development team
- Exploring opportunities to introduce new program offerings
- Maintain current and accurate information in Raiser’s Edge
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- University degree (or equivalent) in communications, fundraising, event management and/or alumni relations
- 3+ years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising and/or program management with a proven track record of success
- Consideration will be given to a combination of education and experience
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across multiple constituencies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution orientation; sound decision-making ability with a positive “can do” attitude
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or fundraising database is an asset
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong event management skills, with attention to details
- Working with and supporting volunteers, committees and colleagues
- Works well independently and as a team player
St. Mary’s University offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits program. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in word or pdf format, with the Subject Line of: “Alumni Relations Coordinator” . We are unable to accept applications and dossiers through third party platforms.
Please note: this posting will remain open until the position is filled with a suitable candidate.
St. Mary’s University is passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive work environment for students, staff and faculty, where diversity in all areas is celebrated and valued. We encourage any and all qualified individuals to apply. Priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
St. Mary’s University • 14500 Bannister Road SE • Calgary, AB • T2X 1Z4 • Fax: 403.254.3774 • STMU.ca