Cystic Fibrosis Canada is looking for our next Development Coordinator to take us FURTHER.
Further to lengthen life-spans and improve lives. Further in ensuring the care and support needed is available. Further in accessing critical medicines. Further until all people with cystic fibrosis can and do experience everything life has to offer.
Are you ready to help us go FURTHER? Apply today and change lives tomorrow.
WHO ARE WE?
Cystic Fibrosis Canada has dramatically changed the cystic fibrosis story, advancing research and care that has more than doubled life expectancy. Since being founded by parents in 1960, Cystic Fibrosis Canada has grown into a leading organization with a central role engaging people living with cystic fibrosis, parents and caregivers, volunteers, researchers and healthcare professionals, government and donors, all working together to change lives through treatments, research, information and support. Despite remarkable progress, the fight is not yet done; children with cystic fibrosis still have only a 50% chance of living beyond their 50s. The organization’s goal is to keep pushing, keep going further, until all people with cystic fibrosis can and do experience everything life has to offer—and enjoy everything life has to offer.
THE ROLE AND IMPACT:
As the Development Coordinator you will be responsible for the planning, coordination, execution, and evaluation of fundraising events and development activities in Alberta. In this role you will assist with all fundraising activities, volunteer and sponsor relations, recruitment, participation and event logistics for all events or initiatives. This is position that will report directly to the Regional Manager, Fund Development – Alberta.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH:
• Collaborate with volunteers on the planning, execution and growth of new and existing local fundraising events as well as National events such as the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History, Lawn Summer Nights, and Ride for the Breathe of Life;
• Cultivate and steward existing and new donors, sponsors, community event organizers and media partners;
• Provide volunteer management and recognition for events as required;
• Assist in maintaining and developing new Third Party (Community) Events, coordinating fundraisers/special events smoothly, effectively and efficiently to generate maximum revenue and exposure;
• Work with the Regional Manager and volunteers to assist with the development of sponsorships;
• Work with volunteers and Regional teams to develop communications and marketing materials in support of events;
• Responsible for fundraising and stewarding for events and activities;
• Maintain donor information within our Raiser’s edge database;
• Oversee the regional social media pages and regional finances;
• Transport, clean and organize items as required within the storage unit and the office;
• Support Regional team in identifying areas of growth and/or opportunities in events and partnerships;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Post-secondary certificate/diploma in fundraising, event planning or another related field is a strong asset;
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in fund development in a non-profit setting;
• Experience and demonstrated success in fundraising and event planning, preferably in peer-to-peer fundraising events;
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities with competing and changing priorities;
• Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills (diplomacy, discretion, and tact), with the ability to respond to various levels of expectations from a variety of stakeholders;
• Experience with volunteer management;
• A cooperative team player able to work independently and make sounds decisions and judgments.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms; previous experience with Raiser’s Edge and Canva are definite assets.
• Experience working with social media and digital fundraising or marketing platforms an asset
• Ability to travel within Alberta
• Access to a vehicle and a valid drivers’ license
• Able to lift/move 20+ lbs (events items to locations from storage unit)
• Ability to work occasional evenings/ weekends as required for events/ volunteer committee meetings
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Collaborative, dynamic, and passionate work environment, with colleagues who are driven and motivated for this community.
• A company culture rooted in empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation.
• RRSP matching and benefits program
• Flexible working schedule
• Hybrid work model offered
Salary range: $45k to $50k
Location: Alberta Region
Please submit your resume and cover letter directly through LinkedIn and include your salary expectations.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process.
For additional information on our values (empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca
Here’s the link to LinkedIn: